E-Max or Lithium disilicate is a very strong, all-ceramic material available in ingots for pressing or in blocks which can be milled with a CAD/CAM milling machine. Its available in many shades, both chromatic (dentin) and bleach, and has a wide variety of uses including limited- size bridges, inlays and onlays, veneers, minimal prep veneers, anterior and posterior full contour crowns, and telescopic crowns for masking dark preparations and adding dentine when inadequate.
Lithium disilicate is a monolithic material, which it eliminates the need for a framework. Here are some advantages for E-Max:
- Less invasive preparations
- Highly esthetic all-ceramic material for bridges and crowns.
- Easier fabrication techniques
- Patients with Metal allergens
- Very Strong and long lasting